Here’s what you can expect at the Food Challenge Prize on Saturday, February 4th, 2017.
9:15 am – 10:00 am: Judges Arrive/Check-In
- 9:15 am - Arrive at the McCombs School of Business no later than 9:15 am
- 9:15 - 9:30 am - Check in to receive your name badge, Judge's Booklet, parking card, an internet access card, and head to the Deliberation Room.
- 9:30 - 10:00 am - You will be briefed on how judging will work throughout the day.
10:00 am – 12:30 pm: Initial Judging
- The format of the initial judging will be informal. You will visit each team’s table in any order you wish, listen to their presentation, ask questions about their business and give them a chance to demonstrate their product or service.
- Make sure you allow enough time to meet with each of the teams. There are 18 teams, so you will have only 7-9 minutes per team to ensure you have enough time to visit each of the team tables.
- You will be given a Judge's Booklet upon your arrival to score and jot down notes about each team.
12:30 pm – 1:30 pm: Lunch
- Lunch will be provided by True Food Kitchen. During this time, you will retreat to the deliberation room to collectively narrow down the field to the top 10 teams that will then advance to the final fast pitch round.
1:30 pm – 2:30 pm: Top 10 Teams Announced, Fast Pitches
- An announcement of the top 10 teams will be made.
- Each of the top 10 teams will give a 3-minute fast pitch to all judges and attendees.
2:30 pm – 3:30 pm
- After the pitches, the judges will collect in the deliberation room to discuss and select the winners.
3:30 pm - 4:30 pm: Awards Ceremony and Reception
WHEN TO ARRIVE
Please arrive at the McCombs School of Business no later than 9:15 am.
- McCombs School of Business
- The University of Texas at Austin
- 2110 Speedway, Austin, TX 78705
- View Map
You will be given a parking card to validate your parking at the AT&T Conference Center Garage. Once you park, the McCombs School of Business is only 0.2 miles, a short 4-minute walk to the event venue. View walking directions from Garage to McCombs School of Business.
BRING A GUEST
You are welcome to bring guests to the event (RSVP here); they will however not be able to participate in the judging activities.
If you get lost, need directions or have any specific event questions, please contact: